Playing the radio or recorded music over the telephone to your callers on hold will attract either a large licencing fee or a hefty fine from the Australian Performing Rights Association (APRA) for the copyrights.
Apart from that, did you know that in November 2011 a survey of more than 2,000 UK customers found that
- 70% of callers are put on hold for more than 50% of their calls;
- 60% of callers are in front of a computer while on hold;
- 70% of callers holding the line in silence will hang up within 60 seconds;
- Callers hearing music on hold will stay on the line 30 seconds longer than callers with silence;
- But, callers hearing your messages and ads on hold will stay on the line for up to 3 minutes longer than that.
(all stats and details from Wikipedia)
If you have an older telephone system, your choices may be limited to on-hold messages.
But if you have a modern telephone system – which can also save you money – you have many options:
On-hold messages tell your clients about your company while they are on hold – but that’s not all.
Auto-attendant can automatically answer your phone with a message, right up front.
Interactive Voice Responses direct your caller more accurately – “Press One for Sales” etc.
Voice Mail Messages can be personally recorded, or professionally tailored for each person.
After-hours Messages can be optioned to leave a message, or referred to an AH service.
We’ve been doing this for more than 20 years so we make sure that you have no technical hitches.
If necessary, we talk to the IT person or service provider in the case of a VOIP telephone system.
Your telephony provider can give you more information about VOIP and Internet Telephony, and let you know of the savings and tracking capabilities of modern internet phone systems. And you’ll be ready for the NBN as well!
Yes, we look after every aspect of the service, from writing the messages from your brief,
recording them, and having them installed into your telephone system.
- Our professional scriptwriters craft a script that highlights your company with the right branding;
- Our Voice-over artists record the new script when it is approved;
- Our Studio Engineers add background music according to the brief, and prepare the media files for playback;
- Our Operations staff will arrange to install the service, and check that the message is working.
- We’ll contact you regularly, letting you know when it’s time for an update of the messages.
It costs less than an APRA Licence, and a lot less than an APRA fine. For as little as the cost of a mobile phone service per month, we can have On Hold Messages playing on your phone system. Call us with the service you need, and we will arrange a price to suit your budget.
- Note that we guarantee we will hold your agreement price for as long as your agreement is ongoing.
- Our first invoice is not raised until the installation is all up and running.
- You aren’t locked into further long-term periods after the initial 12 months. Your agreement continues quarterly, until you choose to terminate.
We also create and record Radio Advertisements, Jingles, and Voice-overs for Videos. To ensure our high standards are met, we use professional voice-over talent, rights-included library music, and our in-house professional copywriters and recording engineers.
You can hear samples of our On Hold Message recordings at www.imageonline.com.au/samples
CALL 1300 246 243